The work we do with our clients typically falls into three areas: Business Development, Leadership Development, and Practice Management.
If you are a lawyer in private practice, the ability to attract clients – to become a rainmaker – is critical to your long-term success. When you are able to attract a steady stream of clients to your firm, you earn the power to make choices about your professional future.
Many lawyers avoid business development because they don’t know how to do it, think they aren’t good at, are uncomfortable with it, or all of the above. Still others make efforts to engage in business development activities but don’t have much to show for their efforts because they are engaged in what I call “scattershot marketing,” instead of taking strategic, targeted action. The result is that they blend in with all the other lawyers out there . . . they become commodities.
We can work with you to:
- Engage in networking and marketing in a way that is effective, comfortable, and aligns with your goals, values, and personality
- Position yourself as a leading authority in your area of practice so you stand out from a very crowded field of lawyers
- Identify how and where to engage in marketing activities and implement a simple, effective plan to do so
- Communicate your value consistently to clients, colleagues, and referral sources
- Create time in your busy schedule to devote to rainmaking activities
Lawyers who are tapped for leadership roles often lack the training to succeed as leaders. Without a strong leader at the helm, even the best ideas and intentions are rarely implemented, leading to low morale, attrition, and stagnation. The good news is that, with the right support and guidance, leadership skills and attitudes can be learned and effectively implemented.
We can collaborate with you to:
- Grow into a new leadership role
- Develop an influential leadership style
- Adopt effective communication skills
- Strengthen confidence and develop executive presence
- Navigate change, whether planned or unexpected
- Implement productive goal-setting, planning, and implementation strategies
- Inspire and motivate your team
Many lawyers fail to achieve their goals for growth because, in addition to doing the legal work required to serve their clients, they are bogged down in the day-to-day minutiae of running their practice or practice group.
While producing top-quality legal work is essential, there are other critical skills that, when adopted, will enable your practice to run smoothly and serve your clients even more effectively. When your practice runs like a true business, you will free up time and energy to engage in high-value activities such as doing sophisticated legal work, focusing on marketing and business development, and engaging in long-term planning.
We can help you:
- Hone your organizational skills
- Manage your time effectively
- Learn to delegate, outsource, and leverage technology to create efficiencies
- Develop policies and procedures to streamline your practice
- Improve your people-management skills, including your ability to retain top performers
- Use your team more effectively, or create and grow a team to support you