Jennifer Rosa is a Partner in the New York office of Mayer Brown’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice. Her practice focuses primarily on the banking and financial services sector where she represents financial institutions in complex commercial and securities litigation in federal and state courts. Jennifer’s experience also includes representing clients in government agency proceedings and internal investigations.
Jennifer is an active participant in Mayer Brown’s Women’s Forum, hiring committee, and mentoring and training programs. She is also one of the leaders of the New York office’s wellness initiatives and a board member of the Fordham Law Alumni Association.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Jennifer Rosa talks about her personal and professional wellness before her cancer diagnosis
- Jennifer’s journey with cancer and her experience sharing her diagnosis with colleagues and clients
- The changes Jennifer has made with her health and the key to their success: flexibility
- The importance of saying “no” regardless of your title or role
- Is there a trend toward prioritizing health and wellness in the legal industry?
- Jennifer talks about the best ways to support someone going through a health issue
- The lessons Jennifer learned from her experience with cancer and how it changed the way she lives her life
- Jennifer’s curse of knowledge: balance is possible in a demanding career
In this episode…
It’s a new year, which usually means one thing: resolutions. Now is the time to think about the things we’d like to change, the habits we’d like to make and break, and the ways we can continue evolving for the better—both personally and professionally.
For those of us in demanding careers like law, these resolutions usually center around how we can improve our work practices. But, what about our health? According to Jennifer Rosa, one of the best ways to be a better lawyer in the new year is to prioritize your mental and physical health and wellness.
In this episode of The Lawyer’s Edge, Elise Holtzman sits down with Jennifer Rosa, Partner at Mayer Brown’s New York office, to talk about an important trend in the legal industry: health and wellness. Together, they discuss Jennifer’s journey prioritizing her health after a cancer diagnosis, the changes she’s made in her professional and personal life since then, and the key to developing new habits—and making them stick. Keep listening for more!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- The Lawyer’s Edge
- The Lawyer’s Edge Podcast
- Mayer Brown
- Jennifer Rosa on LinkedIn
- Lawyers Making Rain
- Elise Holtzman on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by The Lawyer’s Edge, a firm based in the New York metropolitan area founded by Elise Holtzman in 2008 to help lawyers become skilled business developers and leaders so that they can grow their practices, retain top talent, and step confidently into leadership roles.
The firm offers customized coaching, consulting, and training programs such as their signature business development program, Lawyers Making Rain.
Now more than ever, it’s not enough to just do good work and hope your law firm will thrive. And no matter how smart and hard-working you are, it can be time-consuming and overwhelming to figure it all out by yourself.